Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blog hug!!!

Dear Reader, I have missed you deeply on my long hiatus from you.

Since we last spoke:

I have moved from a skuzzy house to a wonderful, colorful new apartment. With wonderful artistic neighbors. No TV, curtains, or most of my clothing yet, but the walls are painted and the cat's moved in. That's all that really matters anyway.

The film project is gearing up quickly. I have the scene shop/sound stage up and running. The green screen is FINALLY done! And apart from a few wrinkles I need to straighten out it's looking super sexy. And it's virgin voyage is scheduled to happen within the next month-- a commercial shoot :-) on a green screen I made?! Still seems like I'm dreaming :-D

Also, in the scene shop, I have been making my miniature horse for the project. I do use the term miniature loosely though. When all's said and done it should end up being close to 13' tall. I've been experimenting with pink insulation foam and spray foam for the carved parts of the horse. And I've been pleasantly surprised by the experience.

What else... ?

Oh yeah! I had my crew trained in first aid and CPR last week. A must, I feel, for any workplace. Especially one with power tools and inhale-able irritants. You never know what can happen so it's just smart to prepare everyone... just in case. And if my folks learn nothing else from the experience they will at least leave with the knowledge of how to respond to a medical emergency. For those out there who don't know; the first and most important step is: CALL 911! Then deal with things as best you can.

Also in the fore-front is MAC 650. You are now reading the bloggering of the newest Art gallery director for MAC 650 :-D I'm so excited! I can't wait to get the website set up with all sorts of goodies on the gallery's going's on. I want pictures of the events, some video clips of the musicans that perform there, a calendar that let's folks know what's happening when; and when our hours are and everything!

Also; in case I had not shared the wonderful news: I'm engaged!

So many wonderful things happening; and now, dearest reader, I'm off to bed so I can better keep up with it all. Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment