Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Witchin' Hour

Say hello to the witch doctor's hut, design #1. I'm sure I will need to change things after the director has a chance to see it, and it could also use a little more dressing like voodoo dolls attached to the wall and dried palm leaves on the floor. (Also, I may need to make it shorter as the space we'll be filming in is a garage). But for now, this is the affordable hut. Dried plants will come out of the untamed part of my back yard, textured walls will be made from a mix of paint, sawdust and Elmer's glue on 1/4" AC plywood. Burlap's pretty darn easy to get a hold of as is twine and bottles full of "mysterious things." The stick roof will be tricky, I'm not at all sure how I'll be building that yet. But it'll look cool so, in the end, it'll be worth the extra effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment