Saturday, December 18, 2010

Writting a children's book

It has always been a dream of mine to illustrate a children's book, and I recently found myself presented with the perfect subject for such a story: my boyfriend's niece. Her head is so full of imaginative adventures and playing with her took me back to the days I ran around in my backyard chased by dreadful monsters and slayed them with sticks. So here's a first glimpse of "The Adventures of Princess GiGi".


Please note that this book is intended for very young readers-- so it's not going to be a very complex story.

My process has been to write the story with quick scribbled pictures and then to sketch it all out on good-old-fashioned paper. Then I made the entire image in photoshop, with the help of my lovely tablet. I'm trying to keep it simple on the first go, that way if I have time before Christmas I can go back and add more details. But for now-- I think it's a pretty good start. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment