Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recently, I was early for work in Willimantic and decided to take a half an hour wander through the nearby cemetery while sipping some coffee and taking pictures. For some reason I find cemeteries fascinating, and peaceful. I visit to be reminded that struggle is normal and as long as we don't let it overwhelm us we are getting what we are supposed to out of our time on earth. And I visit to get a glimpse of how our families make a monument out of our graves to try and have us be remembered beyond their own memory. Someday, I will pick one grave which I find particularly interesting and see if I can find anything out about them from town records and such.

Hey, I never said I was normal.





Not going to lie, it was the 20 year old in me that thought the last name was funny...












No comments:

Post a Comment