Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rewind--Jack and Jill

Last month two of my friends, who just got married, had their Jack and Jill party and I offered to do the decorations for it. The party was held in the Shadow Room, in Middletown.Very cool place and the owners were awesome to let us get in their way for a few hours while we got everything all set up. :) http://www.shadowroomct.com/ It's a little on the pricey side for drinks, but the atmosphere makes it worth it. Granted, I'm a little biased. ;)

My goal was to take a very trendy dark club/bar and make it a little more romantic and whimsical, without making the place look tacky. I spent $40 on gems, colored glass, fishing line, candles, and glass vases.


I ended up making tons of strands of shiny things and hung them from the trace lighting. They sparkled quite nicely in the LED glow of the club.

I also added some strands to the sconces to make them just a touch less industrial.

Overall, I think I succeeded in the giving the space little whimsy. And, bonus, I got to leave all of the decorations up! The owner quite liked what I did. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment